Thought the summer was over? Guess again, because El Presidente (together with the help of his ever-loyal servants at Kalypso Media) has decreed that the good times keep rolling with the release of Tropico 5 – Complete Collection on the PlayStation 4 system across the UK and export territories. Packing in both full expansions ‘Espionage’ and ‘Waterborne’ along with all 10 DLC add-ons released to date, Tropico 5 – Complete Collection contains more hidden extras than a Tropican employment contract and ensures that even the most budget-conscious of wannabe-dictators can get their dynasties in full-swing without having to raid their Swiss bank accounts for extra funds. Of course, El Presidente is all too aware that many PS4 players already own Tropico 5, and so for these players we are happy to announce the release of a special Complete Collection Upgrade Pack, available here on the PlayStation Store.
In addition, we have also introduced a special upgrade system for Steam users, where the Steam store will automatically work out which DLC content you do not already own and compile it all into a specially discounted package. Simply log in to Steam and visit the bundle page here to compile your upgrade pack.
About Tropico 5 – Complete Collection
You, as El Presidente, will first take control of the infamous island of Tropico during early colonial times and then guide it through the centuries as the world changes and moves ever forward. You must tackle the changing needs of your people, as well as opposing governments and factions, and thus lay the foundations for your own dynasty. As you move through your years in office you can promote members of your extended family on the island to positions of power: such as ambassador, commanding general or even Supreme Ruler, to ensure your legacy thrives through the eras. As your influence and wealth grows, so do the threats to your burgeoning island superpower. Can you survive both World Wars, prosper through the Great Depression, rule as an iron-fisted dictator through the Cold War and advance your country to modern times and beyond? From the 19th to the 21st century, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities.
- The Complete Collection contains the full version of Tropico 5 as well as the two full expansion add on packs Espionage and Waterborne as well as all 10 DLC content packs (The Big Cheese, Mad World, Generalissimo, Joint Venture, Surf’s Up, Gone Green, Supervillian, Inquisition, Super Computer and T-Day).
- The Eras – Start your reign during colonial times, survive the World Wars and the Great Depression, be a dictator during the Cold War, and advance your country to modern times and beyond.
- The Dynasty – Each member of the extended family of El Presidente is present on the island and may be used as ruler, appointed manager, ambassador or general.
- Research and Renovate – Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources.
- Advanced trade system and trade fleet – Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure trade routes to neighbouring islands or world’s superpowers, both for export and import.
- Explore your island – Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Send prospectors to look for new deposits, but be wary of hostile animals and native tribes.
- All new art – All artwork is re-made from scratch to provide Tropico 5 with a unique visual identity.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer – Up to 4 players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can choose to share resources, supply and population or declare war on each other.
Tropico 5 – Complete Collection is out now via boxed retail edition and as a digital download via the PlayStation Store. Existing owners of Tropico 5 can purchase a Complete Collection upgrade pack on the PlayStation Store here, while Steam users can automatically compile a personally-tailored upgrade package by logging into the Steam store and visiting the bundle page here.