Renowned Yasunori Mitsuda Talks About Adding a Classic Feel to the Valkyria Revolution Soundtrack in a New Video
Also, Digitally Pre-Order the Game Now to Receive Extra Content Worthy of a Vanargand Soldier!
The world of Valkyria Revolution is inspired by the European industrial revolution era and focuses on a war of liberation between two vastly different nations. With this in mind, legendary composer Yasunori Mitsuda has created a score that reflects the classic feel of that era for the game. What better way to do this than to have the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra conduct a live concert-hall recording for the soundtrack? Plus, previous Mitsuda collaborator Sarah Àlainn, a multilingual Australian-Japanese singer with a voice spanning over 3 octaves, lends her hauntingly beautiful voice to a couple tracks.
Watch the new video below and learn more about Mitsuda’s creative process!
Oh, and digital pre-orders for the game are now live for PS4 and Xbox One! Joining the elite Vanargand unit is a huge honor and those who pick the digital pre-order route will be gifted with a few extra items to help in the good fight. For the Americas, prospective recruits will receive The Formation of Vanargand and The Ring of Contract DLC Scenarios, 30 ragnite shards, a collection of special ragnite to use in combat (Time Flux+, Heal Field+, Fall Earth+, and Shine Calibur+). If you reside in the European theatre, you’ll receive the 30 ragnite shards and the Time Flux+, Heal Field+, and Fall Earth+ ragnites.
PS4 owners who digitally pre-order Valkyria Revolution will also get an exclusive “The Princess and the Valkyria” theme to display proudly. Check out Brunhilde and Princess Ophelia in all their glory below!
In the wake of a revolution, Jutland’s elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself-the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unit is comprised of soldiers who have a high affinity for ragnite, and even Jutland’s own Princess Ophelia has joined the ranks. The princess carries the utmost love for her country and has answered the call of duty to liberate those who are suffering from the Ruzi’s tyranny. However, Amleth Grønkjær, the commanding officer of Vanargand hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?
Valkyria Revolution Features:
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
- Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.
We can’t just let soldiers enter the fray without some grade A quality Jutland military gear. That’s why pre-orders and limited launch copies of the physical PS4 and Xbox One versions in the Americas will come packaged as the “Vanargand Edition.” This special edition comes with a bold pin inscribed with the Vanargand’s ferocious coat of arms, a 12-track soundtrack by the extremely talented Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow), and stunning outer box. Quantities are limited, so grab your copy of the “Vanargand Edition” on the double! Oh, and our comrades in Europe who pre-order or snag a limited launch copy will receive the 12-track soundtrack. Just take a look at the glamshot!