Atlus Co., Ltd. (Setagayaku Tokyo, Chief Executive Officer: Akira Nomoto) announced that following the launch of the critically acclaimed Persona 5 in North America and Europe, the game has shipped more than 1.5 million copies worldwide.
To celebrate the launch of the game, there will be a Persona live concert event on Aug. 2 at the Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan. Please stay tuned for upcoming news on Persona 5 and the Persona series in the future!
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled youth who live dual lives. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high-schooler – attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self;” the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
Persona 5 is now available in the Americas and Europe, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. The game is rated M by the ESRB.
For more information, please visit the official website, atlus.com/persona5
The details of the three limited PS4 editions of the games are below:
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)
Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- “Sounds of Rebellion” soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member-and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- “The Aesthetics” 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- Shujin Academy school bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)
Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
Those who have missed out on the “Take Your Heart” Premium and SteelBook editions will receive a DualShock®4 Wireless Controller skin with their standard edition of the game! This stylish decal features a few members of the motley crew known as The Phantom Thieves, and is the perfect accompaniment for a long night of stealing hearts. The controller skin is available inside marked copies of the standard PS4 in the Americas while supplies last.
Plus, the game is now available for PS3 and PS4 digital download on the PlayStation Store. The PS4 version is priced at $59.99 and the PS3 version is priced at $49.99 (with commensurate international pricing).