A bold new era of Heroes of the Storm with Heroes 2.0. The game-changing update is now live, taking Heroes to the next level with a more powerful progression system, reward-packed Loot Chests, an innovative Overwatch-inspired Battleground, a brand-new Hero, and more.
More action. More heroes. More MOBA. Welcome to Heroes of the Storm 2.0!
Here are just a few of the new features you can experience:
- Progression System Overhaul — Player level cap has been removed and transformed into the sum of all Hero levels gained, with even bigger rewards at levelling milestones
- Loot Chests — Packages containing random assortments of nearly every awesome reward in game, including Heroes themselves, are now received through progression or purchase
- Social & Customisation Rewards — Loot Chests also contain new cosmetic rewards for Heroes, including emojis, voice lines, announcer packs, banners, and more
- New Hero: Genji — An augmented cyborg ninja whose agility and skill make him an exceptionally lethal threat, the new Overwatch-inspired Hero is an opportunistic, highly-mobile Assassin who can tear apart a weak backline
- New Battleground: Hanamura — The Overwatch-inspired two-lane Battleground is set within the sprawling grounds of Shimada Castle; Heroes must find victory through use of the map’s unique mercenaries, taking down the Mega Enforcer boss, and escorting the Payloads to victory
For details on all the changes that come to the game with Heroes 2.0, please download the fact sheets here. You can also check out our Progression 2.0 Spotlight on YouTube, and join Game Director Alan Dabiri as he walks you through Heroes of the Storm 2.0 in our Developer Update video.