Steam Sale Invites New Survivors in for 67% Off ARK: Survival Evolved and 51% off Scorched Earth Expansion Pack
Studio Wildcard today unleashed a new update on Steam for its epic dino-survival adventure ARK: Survival Evolved. This massive patch (v256) comes crammed with new content, including vacuum-sealed underwater bases and aquatic creature breeding, TEK teleporter pads and wireless generators, and four powerful creatures. Survivors take note! Today also brings the first major menu redesign of ARK, as the Inventory UI receives a complete visual and functional overhaul for a streamlined new look. This is a huge upgrade that means easier access to everything in the player’s inventory.
“The new ARK Inventory UI is a total redesign of the game’s former clunky interface! This visual and functional overhaul brings right-click context menus and better organization for remote inventories,” said Jeremy Stieglitz, Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, and Co-Founder of Studio Wildcard. “It’s a significant step on the road of preparing ARK for its home stretch of Early Access!”
Haven’t yet experienced the definitive online dinosaur survival game? ARK: Survival Evolved is on sale for Steam players at 67% off (retail $29.99) and its first Expansion Pack ARK: Scorched Earth is on sale for 51% off (retail $19.99) from Friday, March 31 to Monday, April 3. Survivors can now awake on the ARK island at an amazing price then immediately start to tame, train, breed and ride Dinosaurs.
The TEK Tier for ARK is being implemented in multiple phases, with today’s update including awesome new element powered gear like:
- New Structure: TEK Power Generator. The wireless generators power TEK structures and any Tribe electrical structures in adjustable range.
- New Structures & Mechanic: TEK Underwater Bases. Allows fully-enclosed structures to be created underwater, with ventilators to allow oxygen filled room. Air-locks and moonpools allow players to enter and exit without flooding their base.
- New Structure: TEK Teleporter. Helps players move around the expansive open-world island. But very expensive to obtain!
- New Item: TEK Mosa Saddle. Once properly placed on the Mosasaur it equips the beast with lasers and more.
TEK Tier content is a wave of sci-fi-themed, end-game features that reward hard-working Survivors with awesomely futuristic gear and guns. Players wanting TEK Tier loot will need to gather the newly introduced Element resource, which is granted after successfully completing Boss Arenas. Each Boss now has three difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard) and after defeating the respective Boss are awarded with unique TEK Knowledge engrams, element and other general Boss Rewards. Collect the Element, then use the TEK Replicator to craft all TEK items.
4 New Creatures Added Today:
Equus Magnus – Likely an ancestor to the modern horse, Equus is a much larger steed, and when tamed, can be used in much the same way – riding, herding, and used as pack animals. Equus is so large, in fact, tribes have been known to not only ride them, but attach extra large saddlebags to them, essentially making them into mobile research and crafting stations. Taming them requires make use of a new “break-in” mechanic!
Leedsichthys Conviviumbrosia – Probably the largest fish in the waters around the island. Its meat is also extremely succulent which is unusual given its size. It is often traded with the same value as Prime Meat, and colloquially called ‘Prime Fish’. Of little taming value, tribes do keep schools of Leedsichthys in pens for meat, as it is so huge, chunks of meat can be cut from it without causing it death or permanent injury.
Ichthyornis Piscoquus – Considered just a “plain old” normal seagull, Ichthyornis, lives near beaches, surviving off of native fish. While timid by nature, if tamed, they become partners for their tamer, riding their shoulders and bringing small gifts of fish throughout the day.
Iguanodon Vicissitudinis – Is a large herbivorous dinosaur that bears a strong resemblance to the Parasaurolophus but without the distinct head crest. Iguanodon has two spike-like thumbs for prying fruits open to pick out the seeds and for stabbing would-be predators. They are as capable of walking on all fours as they are on just their hind legs. Combined with its highly effective fruit harvesting and substantial carry weight, the Iguanodon’s excellent mobility in bipedal stance makes it an ideal field-hand that can also pull off a quick get-away, or an agile defense, when needed.
Full List of v256 New Content
- Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
- Dinos: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon!
- Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
- TEK Items: TEK Teleporter, TEK Mosa Saddle, TEK Power Generator
- Total Inventory Menu redesign (other UI’s coming soon!)
- 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial Hairstyle (male and female variants). Growable ponytails with full physics and mutton chops!
- 30+ Explorer Notes
- New Weapon: The Lasso